One in every three women in the world have suffered from some form of abuse and in Malaysia, an estimated 39% have either been physically, mentally or emotionally abused.
Marie Claire is taking action with a little help from their friends, and some of Malaysia's most amazing personalities, who agreed to participate by appearing in bed sand makeup, waking up to do good. It doesn't end there. YOU can join in this cause and help make a change happen.
Join Marie Claire and WAO today with mechanics below and more information in the March issue of Marie Claire Malaysia.
How To Join
- Take an out of bed 'selfie' of yourself and nominate 5 friends.
- Follow Marie Claire Malaysia's Instagram @MARIECLAIREMALAYSIA
- Upload your 'selfie' and do ensure that you caption: Marie Claire will donate RM10 to WAO for every upload.
- Do include 2 hashtags (only correct hashtags will be deemed as a valid entry) #marieclairemalaysia #mcwakeup2agoodcause
- Make sure your account is set to 'PUBLIC' or they won't be able to view your uploads.
- Campaign duration: 1 March - 30 April 2015.
Why WAO Matters
WAO holds the fundamental belief that no one deserves to be battered and that all human beings have the right to self determination and should have control over the conditions that shape their lives. They aim to promote and create respect, protection and fulfillment of equal rights for women and to create a society that is free of violence of any kind against women.