CALLING all avid photographers! If you have an eye for nature, here is your chance to profess your love for a greener and cleaner Malaysia.
In fact, you might stand the chance to win the RM5,000 main prize, via the ‘1Malaysia Green 1Malaysia Clean Photography Competition', organised by the Tourism Ministry and The Malay Mail.
The competition starts today and will run for 24 weeks.
What you need to do is pretty simple. Just snap a photo that goes with each week's theme and send it to us. Each photo must also be accompanied by an essay of some 150 words, describing the picture, its location and details that could support the entry, particularly on what CLEAN tourist spots mean and how one can help to make a difference.
All entries should include the type of camera used, shutter mode, exposure mode, type of lenses and aperture specifications.
The best three pictures of the week will be published every Friday in The Malay Mail. At the end of the 24 weeks, our judges will choose the three most outstanding photos from the entire collection of entries that would be awarded the grand prize of RM5,000, the second prize of RM3,000 and the third prize of RM1,000.
For the first week, the theme is 'Water, water everywhere...' So, snap away and send as many pictures as you like to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The contest is open to all Malaysian citizens.
• There is no limit to the number of entries. However, a winner can win only one (1) prize.
• Images captured by cameras can be of any format, in colour. However, mobile phone and PDA images are not acceptable.
• No digital superimposition is allowed. Composite photographs, trick photographs, and/or any form of digital imaging or image manipulations will not be accepted.
• Only minor photo touchups such as cropping, adjustment of brightness and colour as well as softening or sharpening of the image are allowed.
• Photographs submitted must not have been previously published in any form.
• All entries must be legible and complete with accurate information.
• The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
• On copyright and reproduction, the organisers reserve the absolute rights to exhibit or reproduce any acceptable entries in whatever way deemed fit for exhibition and for any printbased publicity and promotional purposes without prior notice, consent or payment of fee whatsoever to the contestants.
• Contest runs from July 15 to Dec 23. Deadline for entries is Dec 30.
• Winners will be notified via email and The Malay Mail.
Click here for more details!
More HOT news right now: